Monday, November 8, 2010

So, about this title...

I thought a good way to kick off the start of this blog would be to explain the title. Because it can be confusing if you don't know me well. So here goes nothing.

1. Desserts
    I bake compulsively. If you happened to come by my house on any given weekend, there would be some baked good there, courtesy of moi. Most likely my (in)famous chocolate chip cake.

2. Derbis
    This one is a long story. But I love telling it, because in my opinion, it's hilarious. So I'm sitting at the dinner table with my dad and my brother Riley about a year ago. My brother and my dad start talking politics, and my dad says something about "democratic kool-aid". So Riley, being a very random child, launches into a full-blown rant about how it makes him so mad that the Kool-Aid man bursts through the walls of American children's homes, only to give them sugary drinks filled with insulation and crown molding. So Riley, in his rage, yells, "AND HE'S HANDING THESE KIDS KOOL-AID, BUT THERE'S ALL THIS DERBIS IN IT!" My dad then goes, "Riley, do you mean debris?" I don't know if that's funny to you, but I still laugh about it (and use the word derbis frequently) today.

3. Dancing bears
    I don't really know how to explain this one. There's just something so funny to me about people who dress up in bear costumes and dance.

1 comment:

  1. pure awesomeness! tho you might want to explain the different pronunciations of debris, because this might be confusing to people we don't know

    ReplyDelete