Sunday, November 14, 2010

Letters to a bunch of people.

Dear Mr. Hughes,
        Please stop assigning hideous crap-loads of homework every single night. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Kaley

Dear un-named friend(you know who you are, hopefully),
        I feel really bad about everything that's happened in the past 48+ hours. If I could stop it, I would. That sounds horrible. But I really don't want to, like you said, hurt the feelings of the other person involved in this. I just feel like you(I don't mean this to sound as bad as it definitely will) need to be happy. And I sure as anything don't want to be what's holding you back from being happy. But I don't know what to do. I wish I could just tell him to do what you(really, deep down) want him to do. Without any concerns towards my feelings whatsoever. Admittedly, I've done some things that could be hard to reverse, but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you want. I want you to be happy. Simple as that. Hoes before bros, and whatnot. On the selfish side of things, I want to also be happy. But a small part of me is asking, "Is he what will make you happy?" A large part of me says yes, but then part of my heart asks, "What about (insert name of you here)?" Then the rest of me screams, "HOES BEFORE BROS!" Which may seem comical, but it breaks a part of me inside. I don't want to hurt you. I've been through this before, and I don't want this to come between us. If anything, I wish this had never come up in my life so that you could just have him and be happy. I'm deadly serious. In summary, I'm just generally really upset about this and I wish you would really just tell me what you want. Really truly tell me, so that I can help you make that happen. I can't explain it. All I can say is that I'm really, truly sorry. I hope that whatever happens, if anything, we're still friends forever. I'd rather be a broless ho than a holess ho. Your friendship means so much more to me than any guy ever will. I don't want to lose all the good times we've had, and all the good times we will have in the future. You are such a wonderful friend and person, and I can't bear to hurt you, even though I am right now. I'm so sorry.
All My Love,
Kaley

Dear Madison,
        You are my best friend in the world. I've been thinking about what I'm going to say in four years at chapel, and every time I try to consider what to say to you I get tears in my eyes. So this is practice. Here goes nothing. This may sound cliche, but words can't even describe how much of my best friend you are. Do you remember how in middle school we always tried to write letters to each other telling the other person how meaningful our friendship was, and you'd want to make the letter go on for like ten pages because it would just be so damn impressive to walk up to the other person and be like, "There! Yeah! Ten pages! Right there! Who's awesome!" on the inside, but then on the outside been like, "Oh, it was nothing." This feels like that. But I'm coming to realize now that those letters had a shortage of pages because our friendship is truly indescribable. I can't tell you enough how you know me better than anybody else. I know I can(and do) tell you anything and everything, and that means the world to me. Out of the countless times that I've cried to you, told you all my secrets, slept over at your house, terrorized furniture stores with you, and made you laugh until you can't breathe and you're almost legally dead, I think that the best times are yet to come. I never want to not be your best friend. If that makes sense. I don't think anyone else could accept my weirdness at this point. I'm seriously having trouble putting our friendship into words. Oh! Here, I think this oughta do it. You know all those times we've called each other and stayed on the phone for hours, sometimes talking but sometimes not talking at all and just doing random things like reading and crossword puzzles and walking around outside taking pictures of plant life and breakfast nooks but not really? Those are the times when I'm completely sure that you're my best friend in the entire world, and that I'd never have it any other way. You're the sister I never had and I'll always be there for you, no matter what.
     Through thick and through thin, all out and all in, we're gonna go through it together. We may not go far, but sure as the stars, we're gonna go through it together. :)
Love,
Kaley

1 comment:

  1. ackkk. Kaley cant we wait until senior year to do this?! I don't want to cry right now...and I don't have anything prepared to say to or nor a blog to write about you. I promise to write an awesome best friend into my NaNoWriMo. And I'll work on my senior speech from this point until the moment I give it in the chapel before the last spring show, so that its the best it can possibly be.
    Love,
    me

    ReplyDelete