Monday, November 15, 2010

Do you think I'm HAPPY about all of this?!

Today might have been the most sucktastic day of my entire life. It all started off when I overslept for school. *WARNING: Rant commences here.
    Got a 63 on and AP Human Geography test today. Almost started crying. But didn't.
    Got a 9/14 on an Algebra quiz today. Almost started crying. But didn't.
    Got yelled at by my mom for failing the Human Geography test. Almost started crying. But didn't.
    Ran upstairs to my room to start my homework. Saw that I left my Human Geography books at school. Almost started crying. Did.
    Went back to John Carroll silently with my mother. Got my books. Saw some friends. Made me laugh.
    Came home. Did some homework. Went on PowerSchool. Realized all hope is not lost. But that I really don't like my math teacher.
    Thought about today. Came to a realization. I'm going to do what my heart's telling me to do. I'm tired of people telling me how to live my life. Whether it be my parents telling me to get my grades up, or my friends telling me not to procrastinate. I can govern myself just fine. It doesn't mean I'm not going to expect any less from myself, in fact, I'm going to expect more. But I'm not doing it for anyone else. I'm doing this for myself. Before school started, I made a promise to myself. I told myself that I was going to do great in high school, and that if anyone thought differently, I'd completely whip them in the face with my academic potential. And I fully intend to do just that. So look out world, here I come.
    But here's the thing. It seems like everyone around me is all of a sudden doubting my abilities. Just as a background point: this blog post was written over some amount of time, so a lot has gone on since the start of this post. And since everyone around me is doubting my capabilities, I'm starting to believe the fact that I am not capable of doing anything.
    I'm just another person. There's really nothing special about me. I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm just stating a fact. Everything that I can do, someone can do better. And I swear, if anyone comments on here saying that I'm the best at being Kaley, I will scream. I don't even know who "Kaley" is. I'm trying to figure that out, but with all the other stuff I have vying for my attention, it's hard to get to.
    Damn. My mom just came in again and yelled at me for not doing well enough. Can't she see I'm trying? Funny how about two months ago she was like one of my best friends and now I can barely stand her. But that's for another blog post, because this one is insanely long.

No comments:

Post a Comment