Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Letter to a Friend #1

Dear Megan,
         I'm really tempted to write in all caps due to the conversation we are having on Oovoo at the moment. But first off, I'm so glad I met you this year at John Carroll, even though we apparently knew each other before. But I digress. What I'm saying is, I already look forward to conversations we have, and we already tell each other so much, I can totally visualize us becoming really dear friends, if not best friends. I already feel like I can be honest with you, and tell you everything, and I really hope that we continue our terrorization of Buontempo's until we no longer can walk. I also hope that we do go on a road trip to California and that we do open a Chinese food place called Firewok even though neither of us are Chinese and I don't like Chinese food except for the ever-sketchy fried rice. But again, I digress.
        I'm not only writing to you to tell you how much you mean to me, I'm also writing to return something that was rightfully yours. I've been giving it some thought. You know that guy we both like? Well, only you like him now. With all the problems I've been having lately, I've realized that he cannot possibly make me truly happy (because he has actually been the cause of many of them). And he can make you truly happy, and that's what I want for you. I've moved on, so you can move in. Simple as that.
        You are one of the most talented people I know. You can sing, you can write, you're so smart, funny, and pretty, you can dance, and most of all, you're a great friend. Through all the ups and downs you've always been there for me, and I want you to know that I'll always be there for you, whether I'm a vent or a wingman or someone to quote AVPM at or a shoulder to cry on or a person to laugh with or anything, no matter what.
Love,
Kaley
      

No comments:

Post a Comment