Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Letter to a Friend #2

Dear blonde runner friend who's in my English class,
        Thank you for being my friend. Truthfully, when I first met you, I expected us to be the kind of friends that would say hi to each other in the hallways and smile at each other if we ever happened to run into each other in public. I expected you to be one of those people who I could define as a friend, maybe even a good friend, but not a best friend.
        You've completely proven me wrong. Over the past couple of weeks you have shown a support for me that I never expected. When you first offered to take a free mod with me to talk about my problems, I kind of thought it was an empty promise, to be brutally honest. But when you began again to ask if I was okay, if I was sad, if I needed someone to talk to, I realized you genuinely cared. I really thank you for that. You may never be able to fully understand how loved and cared for I felt when you told me in English class that if I ever needed someone to talk to, that I could always come to you.
        Today when we talked to each other over Skype about our troubles, I thought about how nice it would be to have you as a really close friend. I told you a lot of things that most people don't know about me, and you told me some things that I'm pretty sure most people don't know about you. I really hope that, over the course of our high school years, we become closer together as friends.
        Before this week, I thought I knew you. In my head, you were this girl in my English class who liked Harry Potter and running, who I thought was really smart, pretty, and nice. Now I know better. You are such a true friend, with a golden heart. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. Thank you for reaching out to me, I'll never forget it. You can always tell me anything, and I'll always be there for you.
Love,
Kaley

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kaley,

    I read this a long time ago but i never had time to comment on it. Thank you for all the lovely words about me above. I loved reading every word. You have changed the way I feel about others, because your words left an imprint in y heart, permantely. I love you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete