Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dear God,
         I've been having some trouble lately, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I know I'm not the best Catholic, and I can't say I'm trying really hard, but if you could please just listen. I can't really have this discussion with anyone else, because I'm worried that if I talk to some of my Christian friends they'll think badly of me, and that if I talk to some of my other friends all we'll end up doing is angsting. So I'm writing this letter to you.
         I want to believe in you, with all my heart and all my being. I want to be able to fully trust in your awesome might and power. But I've got a few problems that are keeping me from fully accomplishing that. First, I disagree with some things that the Catholic Church teaches. I know that there are lots of other religions to follow you by, but when you're a fourteen year old girl, you kind of have to go along with whichever Church your parents take you to. I also feel bad when I say this because I know that I'm not completely educated in the teachings of the Catholic Church, so therefore I really have no right to say that. Second, with this disagreement, I feel like with every disagreement I make in my head that I'm 1.sinning and 2.separating myself farther and farther away from you. And I don't want to do that. It seems to me that I give so little to you and expect so much. I try to be a good person, even though it may not seem like I do. I'm so sorry that I haven't realized this earlier. I know that I pray to you so much, asking for things for my family, my friends, and, yes, myself. So I'm going to ask this of you, then try to stay off your case for a while, because I realize that there are so many other people out there that need you help loads more than I do.
        Dear God, please help me to follow in your ways. I want to be a better person through your help. Please help those who are needy, those who are helpless, those who feel they are alone in this world. Please comfort them with your grace and love. Forgive me for all the things that I have done, and all the things that I will do. Please help my mom, who is really stressed out; my brother, who I can tell needs guidance beyond what my parents(or even myself) can give him; my dad, who really just needs a light, something to hold on to; my friends, no matter what their problems may be; and me, who's just looking to find herself in this big, big world.
        This letter...has taken a lot off my chest. I'm sorry I'm so imperfect. I'm sorry that I've sinned. Please help me be a better person.
Love,
Kaley

No comments:

Post a Comment